Dental Care For Youth
Children that are 17 years of age and under can access dental services under the Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO) program.
Healthy Smiles Ontario (HSO) is a government-funded dental program that provides free dental cleaning, routine, and emergency dental services for children and youth 17 years old and under from low-income households. To see if you are eligible for the government’s Healthy Smiles Ontario Program visit ontario.ca for more information.
- Emergency Dental Services Our clinic provides free emergency dental services for children 17 under through the Healthy Smiles Ontario-
- Emergency and Essential Services Program. Applicants must be screened for an emergency need and/or essential conditions and must also attest to financial hardship to access emergency or essential care under this program.
For Who: Children and youth 17 years old and under from low-income households.
Location: Bramalea Site.
Appointment by: 905-799-8748.
Languages offered: English, Hindi, Punjabi, Gujarati, Urdu, Cantonese, Tagalog, Arabic, Mandarin.
Dental Advice For That Perfect Smile
How To Floss
- Measure a piece of floss from the tips of your fingers to your elbow.
- Wrap the floss around the middle finger of each hand, leaving small piece of floss between your hands. Hold that floss using your thumbs and index fingers. Floss has to be pulled tight.
- Use your index fingers and thumbs to slide floss between two teeth in a back-and-forth motion.
- Wrap floss in a c-shape around the tooth and move floss gently under the gum. Move floss up and down a couple of times along the sides of each tooth.
How To Brush Your Teeth
- Brush your teeth at least 2 times a day for 2 minutes each time. Once in morning and at night before bed.
- Place a pea-sized amount of toothpaste on your brush.
- Brush the outside of each tooth. Place toothbrush bristles at a 45-degree angle at your gumline. Move the brush in small circles gently, then sweep brush away from gums.
- Brush the inside of each tooth. Sweeping the brush away from gums.
- Brush the chewing surface of each tooth, moving in a back-and-forth motion.
- Brush the surface of you tongue to get rid of the germs and keep your breath fresh.
- Before teeth: Wipe baby’s gums and tongue with washcloth moistened with water after every feeding.
- Strong, healthy teeth and gums directly result from proper eating habits.
- Try to choose snacks that do not contain sugar like dairy, bread, vegetables, and fruit.
- If you do eat something sweet or sticky it should be eaten with meals or when teeth can be brushed afterwards.
Regular Dental Visits
- Be sure to have regular dental check-ups with your oral care health team.
- To arrange for an appointment at the Health n’Smiles office, please call 905.799.8748.