Become a Board Director
To become a board director you must first be a member of WellFort, and then seek election at the Annual General Meeting (AGM). We are seeking women and men from the local community to join our volunteer board of directors which governs and oversees all activities at WellFort. We are looking for individuals who:
- Represent and/or have knowledge of our priority populations: ie. youth, newcomers to Canada, racialized populations, seniors, people dealing with mental health and substance use issues
- Value innovation, professionalism, accountability and excellence
- Will advocate on behalf of populations facing barriers accessing health care and social service supports
- Demonstrate a willingness to be educated on issues relevant to the needs of our clients and the community we serve
- Demonstrate proactive and strategic thinking
- We are also seeking directors with expertise in legal issues, pharmacy, clinical care, and human resources.
This is a volunteer commitment of 4-6 hours per month. For more information contact Mayo Hawco.