WellFort is seeking a Part time Temporary 0.5 FTE Accounting Administrative Support!
2.5 days or 18.75 hrs per week until March 2022.
WellFort is a non-profit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary and oral health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. Members of the WellFort family include Bloom Clinic, Bramalea CHC, Diabetes Education Program, Four Corners, and Health n’ Smiles. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community through its service delivery philosophy; Open Focused Care. We are seeking individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
- Provide accounting and clerical support to the accounting department
- Type accurately, prepare and maintain accounting documents and records
- Prepare bank deposits, general ledger postings and track and reconcile bank statements
- Reconcile accounts in a timely manner
- Daily enter key data of financial transactions in database.
- Update financial spreadsheets with daily transactions
- Prepare balance sheets
- Create cost analysis reports (fixed and variable costs)
- Process tax payments
- Process and prepare financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc.
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the director of finance
- Create, send, and follow up on invoices
- Review and adhere to department budgets
- Review and audit financial statements and reports, ensure all calculations and data entries are correct
- Record accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Process invoices and follow up with clients, suppliers and partners as needed
- Provide administrative support during budget preparation
- Participate in quarterly and annual audits
- Other duties as required
- Post-secondary training or degree in Finance or Accounting and/or at least one year of related experience, preferably in a non-profit environment, or an equivalent combination of experience and training.
- excellent mathematical skills;
- understanding of data privacy standards;
- solid communication skills, both written and verbal;
- familiarity with business principles and practices;
- Attention to detail, proactive and process-oriented working style.
- Advanced knowledge of software programs such as MS Office (including Word, Excel, Publisher, Outlook).
- Expert in using excel spreadsheets and calculation software.
- Familiarity with accounting software such as Great Plains is an asset.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively in a team environment.
- Ability to multi-task, meet pressing deadlines and anticipate needs.
- Ability to be discreet with confidential and time sensitive documents and materials.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to multi task in a fast paced environment.
- Experience working in a value based non-profit or social services organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and interdependently in an interdisciplinary team environment in which the skills and responsibilities of each team member are recognized and respected.
- Ability to speak languages relevant to the residents of the organization’s community is an asset.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier free health centre and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the recruitment process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and our hours of operation. As such the position entails evening and weekend work.
For more information on WellFort visit www.WellFort.ca
Interested applicants may send resume and cover letter by October 15, 2020 to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please put “ACCADMIN1021” in the subject line.
Only successful candidates will be contacted and we respectfully request no phone calls.