WellFort is seeking a Denturist to join Health n’ Smiles Team! (7 month contract, 2 days/week)
WellFort Community Health Services is a non-profit, values based organization based in Peel.
We provide a wide variety of comprehensive care including primary care, dental, mental health and chronic disease management with a focus on illness prevention, health promotion and community development.
We work with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community. Members of the WellFort Family include:
• Bloom Clinic
• Bramalea Community Health Centre
• Diabetes Education Program
• Four Corners Health Centre
• Health n' Smiles
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive organization. We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity, providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position.
Requests for accommodation due to disability can be made at any stage in the recruitment process.
- Perform a complete visual/digital oral examination and evaluation of the patient. This includes assessing a complete medical and dental history of the patient.
- Completes procedures to fabricate the construction of removable partial or full dentures.
- Fabricates and inserts the dentures in the mouths of patients.
- Performs any adjunctive services such as Repair or Relines or Adjustments of removable dentures.
- Works as part of an interdisciplinary team
- Charts in accordance with the clinic’s dental charting guidelines and standards as set by College of Denturists of Ontario.
- Assess medical history and verifies/applies medical history prior to treatment.
- Other duties and responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time.
- Registered in good standing with the College of Denturists of Ontario (CDO)
- Diploma from an approved Denturist Program from a recognized college
- Minimum of three (3) years clinical experience required.
- Experience working in a community dental clinic or in a public health environment an asset.
- Familiar and comfortable with working in a values based organization.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to multi task in a fast paced environment.
- Experience working in a value based non-profit or social services organization is an asset.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and interdependently in an interdisciplinary team environment in which the skills and responsibilities of each team member are recognized and respected.
- Demonstrated proficiency in use of computers and various computer software applications, such as word processing, spreadsheets, database applications and Abeldent software an asset.
- Ability to speak languages relevant to the residents of the organization’s community is an asset.
The successful candidate must have a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier free health centre and to participate in an interdisciplinary team.
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and hours of operation. As such the position entails evening and weekend work.
For more information on WellFort visit www.WellFort.ca
Salary range: $35-$45 per hour (commensurate with experience).
Interested applicants may send resume and cover letter by August 8, 2021 to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include available days.
Please put “DENTURIST0721” in the subject line.
Only successful candidates will be contacted and we respectfully request no phone calls.