WellFort is hiring a Full time Permanent Outreach Worker to join the Bloom Team!
- Bloom Clinic
- Bramalea Community Health Centre
- Diabetes Education Program
- Four Corners Health Centre
- Health n’ Smiles
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive organization.We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation due to disability can be made at any stage in the recruitment process.
Bloom Clinic is a program of WellFort Community Health Services and is committed to providing treatment, care, and support to individuals living with, affected by, or at risk of Hepatitis C (HCV) and/or HIV across the Region of Peel. Bloom Clinic is committed to providing community based testing, treatment, and support to people who are experiencing homelessness, people who use drugs, people who are incarcerated or otherwise involved in the criminal justice system, and Indigenous community members.
- Engage in street based community outreach, education and harm reduction distribution across Peel Region
- Build strong and authentic relationships with community members who are experiencing homelessness, people who use drugs, people who are incarcerated or otherwise involved in the criminal justice system, and Indigenous community members.
- Design and deliver HCV, HIV and Harm Reduction education workshops to community members belonging to the populations served by Bloom Clinic, community service providers, specialists and correctional facilities.
- Provide point of care HIV and HCV testing (inclusive of pre and post-test counselling) both on and offsite.
- Provide information and referrals to internal and external resources as required and facilitate the referral of priority populations to WellFort staff, services and programs as needed and appropriate.
- Participate in events that educate the community on issues related to HIV and HCV.
- Participate in the development and support of public policies and strategies that have a positive influence on the determinants of health for people living with HIV and HCV.
- Post-Secondary education in a relevant field or a combination of lived/living and work experience relevant to the role.
- Lived/living experience with any of the populations served by Bloom Clinic is an asset.
- Experience with community based or street outreach in an employment or volunteer capacity.
- Experience working from trauma informed, anti-oppressive and harm reduction frameworks.
- Experience working with people who are experiencing homelessness, people who use drugs, people who are incarcerated or otherwise involved in the criminal justice system, and Indigenous community members.
- Valid Ontario Driver’s license and access to a vehicle.
- Ability to work independently and collaborate effectively in an interdisciplinary team environment.
- Languages relevant to residents of Peel is an asset
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier-free health centre and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and our hours of operation. As such the position entails some evening and weekend work.
For more information visit www.WellFort.ca
Salary range: $ 50,495 - $59,612
- Forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Posting will remain open until the position is filled
- Quote “OW0221” in the subject line
- No phone calls please. Successful candidates will be contacted