WellFort is seeking to hire a Temporary Full-Time COVID Clinic Support to join our team! (Brampton and Malton Clinics)
To start immediately until March 31st, 2021 (with possibility to be extended).
WellFort Community Health Services is a non-profit, values based organization based in Peel. We provide a wide variety of comprehensive care including primary care, dental, mental health and chronic disease management with a focus on illness prevention, health promotion and community development.
We work with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community.
Members of the WellFort Family include:
- Bloom Clinic
- Bramalea Community Health Centre
- Diabetes Education Program
- Four Corners Health Centre
- Health n’ Smiles
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive organization. We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation due to disability can be made at any stage in the recruitment process.
- The Clinic Support provides excellent customer services to clients
- Greet people entering the clinic, respond to clients’ inquiries, and provide directions and alerting staff when someone is there to visit the clinic
- Create an inviting environment to clients by providing excellent, cheerful, ever helpful service
- Help clients navigate through the mall to the COVID clinic
- Direct clients to perform sanitization and using protective equipment
- Assisting clinicians with setting up the COVID clinic
- Track clinic supplies and make sure that supplies are ordered and available.
- Create and place signage in accessible areas
- Maintain a professional yet positive approach with clients
- Other duties as assigned
- High school diploma.
- Works well with limited oversight, can manage various tasks as assigned.
- Professionalism and the ability to work in challenging situations.
- Minimum 1 year work experience and customer service experience.
- Warm, friendly, welcoming personality and good communicator.
- Physical requirement: to be able to stand for 4 consecutive hours and able to push, pull, or carry objects up to 10 lbs.
- Experience in a community-based setting delivering direct support, and supportive accompaniment would be an asset.
- Experience working with communities and individuals who face barriers accessing traditional health care institutions such as poverty, discrimination, mental health and substance use issues.
- Experience working with confidential and time sensitive documents and information.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to multi task in a fast paced environment.
- Experience working in a value based non-profit or social services organization.
- Ability to speak languages relevant to the residents of the organization’s community is a very important asset.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier-free health centre and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and our hours of operation. As such the position entails some evening and weekend work.
For more information visit www.WellFort.ca.
Salary range: $18/hr
- Forward your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Deadline of application: open until position is filled.
- Quote “ClncSupp0121” in the subject line
- We thank all applicants in advance for their interest; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted.