Become a Board Director
WellFort is seeking Community Members for its Board of Directors!
Volunteer Unpaid Position - approximately 4-6 hours per month.
WellFort is seeking individuals from the local community to join our volunteer board of directors which governs and oversees all activities at WellFort.
WellFort is a non-profit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary and oral health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. Members of the WellFort family include Bloom Clinic, Bramalea CHC, Diabetes Education Program, Four Corners, and Health n’ Smiles. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community through its service delivery philosophy; Open Focused Care. We are seeking individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
We are looking for individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual. Potential Community Board Members must be willing to participate in and adhere to WellFort’s Values.
We are looking for individuals who:
- Represent and/or have knowledge of our priority populations: ie. youth, newcomers to Canada, racialized populations, seniors, people dealing with mental health and substance use issues
- Value innovation, professionalism, accountability and excellence
- Will advocate on behalf of populations facing barriers accessing health care and social service supports
- Demonstrate a willingness to be educated on issues relevant to the needs of our clients and the community we serve
- Demonstrate proactive and strategic thinking
- We are also seeking directors with expertise and skills in clinical practices, legal issues, labour relations, community development, and human resources.
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the requirement process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
Interested applicants may send resume and cover letter to our email at email@example.com
Please put “BOD0419” in the subject line.
mation contact Mayo Hawco.