Privacy & Confidentiality
WellFort is bound by law and ethics to safeguard your privacy and the confidentiality of your Personal Information and Personal Health Information.
- collecting only the information that may be necessary for your care
- keeping accurate and up-to-date records
- safeguarding the medical/health records in our possession
- sharing information with other health-care providers and organizations on a "need to know" basis where required for your health care
- disclosing information to third parties only with your express consent, or as permitted or required by law; and
- retaining/destroying records in accordance with the law
Personal Information includes any factual or subjective information, recorded or not, about an identifiable individual, that includes: age, name, ID numbers, income, ethnic origin or blood type, opinions, evaluations, comments, social status.
Personal Health Information is defined as information about an individual's mental or physical health, including information concerning health services provided and information about tests and examinations.
Your request for care and your signature implies consent for our collection, use and disclosure of your Personal Information and Personal Health Information for purposes related to your care, and therefore may be shared with other staff at the centre when required for your health care.
You have the right to view your records. Upon request and sufficient notice you may also obtain copies of your personal information.
If you have any concerns about the safety or security of your Personal Information or Personal Health Information or would like more information please contact our Privacy Officer, Mayo Hawco at 905.451.6959.
For further information on privacy and your rights in regard to your Personal Information and Personal Health Information, the Information and Privacy Commissioner/Ontario can be contacted at 416.326.3333 or email@example.com.