18 months Full-Time Contract
(Maternity Leave replacement)
WellFort is a non-profit, values based organization that provides health promotion and prevention programs, primary and oral health care and works with local residents and other agencies to increase community capacity. Members of the WellFort family include Bloom Clinic, Bramalea CHC, Diabetes Education Program, Four Corners, and Health n’ Smiles. WellFort is committed to providing inclusive, accessible and sustainable programs and services to a diversely rich community through its service delivery philosophy; Open Focused Care. We are seeking individuals with a passion and commitment towards innovation and an inclusive workplace that respects and values the diversity of every individual.
- Prepare rooms and clients, check vitals and does weights and measures.
- Review their chart to determine screening due, reviewing past medical history, medication reconciliation, preparing laboratory requisitions, obtaining physical measurements (such as weight and blood pressure).
- Review and process requests for past medical records as per WellFort’s Access to Client Records policy.
- Maintain medical supply inventory, vaccine supply, ensuring supplies/vaccines are current.
- Ensure exam rooms, laboratory and medical supply cupboards are kept safe, clean and stocked.
- Ensure equipment is working, maintained as per manufacturer’s recommendations, and repairs are coordinated in a timely manner.
- Keep records of vaccine fridge temperature.
- Ensure vaccines are stored according to Peel Public Health’s vaccination storage requirements.
- Cleaning and disinfection of clinical supplies as per manufacturer’s directions. This will include autoclaving equipment designated as sterile.
- Coordinate collection, disposal and pick-up of Bio-hazardous waste.
- Performs all tasks related to panel management, tracks cycle times and TNA as well as supply and demand.
- Maintain clear, accurate and timely written and electronic documentation including EMR reports, encounters and other information as required by the health centre, MOH, CPO and other regulatory bodies.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of government guidelines, acts and legislation affecting client care.
- Relevant knowledge and experience attained through graduation from a recognized College/University in Medical Laboratory Assistant or Technician discipline or a related field.
- Experience with autoclaving, sterilization and infection control practises.
- Familiar with ordering, transporting, storage, monitoring and injecting of vaccines and immunizations.
- Experience with venipuncture, manteaux testing, injections and other clinical support functions
- A minimum of two years’ experience in a similar position preferably in the community health or social services sector.
- A certificate or diploma in Medical Office Administration or a related is an asset.
- Proficient in the use of computers and various software applications including Word, Excel, PowerPoint and electronic health records.
- Previous experience working with interdisciplinary teams.
- Sensitivity to and awareness of cultural, racial, economic, and socially diverse communities.
- Excellent organizational and communication skills, both verbal and written, along with the ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Languages relevant to Peel Region residents a definite asset.
The successful candidate will demonstrate a willingness to participate in WellFort’s commitment to becoming an inclusive, barrier free health centre and an ability to work in an interdisciplinary team.
WellFort is a respectful, caring, and inclusive workplace. We are committed to embracing accessibility, diversity and equal opportunity. Requests for accommodation can be made at any stage of the requirement process providing the applicant has met the Bona-fide requirements for the open position. Applicants need to make their requirements known when contacted.
This position requires flexibility in hours of work to support accessible program service delivery and our hours of operation. As such the position entails evening and weekend work.
For more information on WellFort visit www.WellFort.ca or view our video at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gw9-ulQplpQ
Salary range: $39,054-$47,054 Comprehensive benefits package
Interested applicants may send resume and cover letter by February 25th, 2018 to email@example.com
Please put “CLINICAID 0218” in the subject line.
Only successful candidates will be contacted and we respectfully request no phone calls.